The logins for the resource wiki have been changed, please contact your campus staff or firstname.lastname@example.org for the new login data.
Ideas for orientation week
From C4C Resource Wiki
- #1 Priority: Draw frosh to the weekly meeting. This is the doorway to the rest of the movement.
- Poster and advertise heavily for the first weekly meeting.
- Set up a booth during clubs days
- Publicize first weekly meeting in local churches
- Give out coupon vouchers for free hot dog/hamburger with drink, and host a BBQ on campus for first years. At the BBQ introduce C4C.
- Worship Circles: Get a group of 6-10 students sitting around on the grass next to high traffic areas with a guitar and maybe a bongo/djembe, and sing some worship songs. This draws out Christians and gives you an opportunity to introduce C4C.
- Cater the first 3 weekly meetings to new people, making sure that the meeting reflects our core values.
- Pens with C4C info on it and/or flyer in Frosh Kits.
- Get students to wear Christian shirts so that other Christians will take notice.
- Rent a room on campus and have a free concert, with a visionary speaker about reaching the campus. Advertise all over campus for the event (lawn signs, poster, student paper, etc)
- Help First year students move into their dorms.
- Set up a “need a ride to church” table. This gets students connected with a local church and gets then info on our club.
- Play sports on a central area of campus and invite people to play.
- Pepsi cans (hand out drinks with a business card attached for C4C)
- Car flyers (w/ free slurpees)
- Bookmarks (Create and give to Bookstore for each student who buys books –our info on it)
- Pancake Breakfast
- Open House
- Regular Office Hours
- Church Bulletin Advertisements
- Speaking with College and Career leaders
- Office Location Advertising
- Doing a radio show
- Free pen giveaway (with our info – to 1st years)
- Business Cards for all C4C members.
- Pre-determined days of evangelism.
- Discussion Groups (A different topic every week. Something that everyone can come to, no matter what background they are).
Spiritual Interest Questionaires
- Do SIQs with people randomly, one-on-one.
- Inflatable game with SIQs and Real Life Kits
- Freezie giveaways with SIQs and Real Life Kits
- Setting up a table in high traffic area with visible C4C signage and give away 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes (mp3 player, bookstore gift certificate, campus sweatshirt). Students fill out SIQ or “ballot” to enter. Also, give out a Real Life Kit to everyone who enters.
- Distribute Real Life Kits in Residences.
- Give away popcorn and have a game of “Name that Tune” in order to draw a crowd. Give people SIQs while they're there.
- Do Spiritual Interest Questionnaires in every first year class!
- More Info on SIQs